Across the Globe, We Are United in Our Dedication to Building Better Communities
Who We Are
Partnering to build a world where our poorest people lift themselves out of hunger and poverty
The Ihonvbere Foundation is a private, independent grant making institution dedicated to helping groups and individuals foster lasting improvement in the human condition in Nigeria and Africa. Through the support it provides, the foundation fosters the development of knowledge, nurtures individual creativity, strengthens institutions, helps improve public policy, and provides information to the public, primarily through support for the empowerment of women and young people.
The foundation strongly believes in the power of communities in both human and national development, and is mainly focused on education and the empowerment of civil society. We hope to focus on the encouragement of the building of content publishing systems designed for quickly creating highly interactive multi-language educational web sites, on-line communities, media portals, blogs and e-learning applications.
The Foundation benefits in its work from diversity at all levels of its operations. In working with other organizations and individuals, the Foundation values those who under-stand and share its commitment to diversity.
Prof. Julius Ihonvbere
Chairman of the Board
Chief Technology Officer
Mrs. Grace Ihonvbere
Members of the Board
Prof. Eme Ekekwe
Prof. Ebere Onwudiwe
Prof. Pita Agbese
Mr. Reginald Okun
Mr. Wilson Ihonvbere
Mrs. Erica Ojeaga
We Facilitate Community Building
The goals for the Ihonvbere Foundation are to:
- Substantially improve usability, manageability, and scalability of community resources.
- Expand accessibility to support education, the building of strong ethics and the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Extend the integration of external applications and resources through collaboration with agencies such as UNECA, UNICEF, AU and local charity organizations.
- Enhance the content development, delivery and presentation capabilities of educational materials to support accessibility standards and content delivery.
- Achieve a more sustainable and flexible framework for educational component and extension developers.
- Enhance the development of civil society and the promotion of sustainable development goals..
— Our Mission
The Ihonvbere Foundation strives to work with partner organizations worldwide to tackle critical problems in four program areas in our local communities.
— Our Vision
To help our poorest people lift themselves out of hunger and poverty and harness advances in science and technology to save lives.
— Our Story
The Foundation believes its grant making is most effective when focused upon a relatively few areas of work, combined with sufficient resources over a long enough period of time to make a measurable difference. The Foundation hopes to make grants and loans through some comprehensive programs.